Intermittent Fasting & Training Schedule

Marek_Zmazur

Marek_Zmazur

Hi guys,

I want to start this topic to get some advice on how to fast on a work/training schedule. My daily routine during the week looks like this.

Work: 7:00 to 17:00.

Training/Biking: 18:30 to 21:00

My eating window is between 7:00 and 15:30. I try not to eat at least 3 hours before training.

By the time I am done training I am depleted and already fasting. I feel like fasting after training affects my recovery time. What do you guys think?

Any feedback is appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Sorry for late reply,

I'll paste the link to a great source of knowledge about that below, but first my observations:

• if you train from 6:30 pm to 9 pm, it can largely affect your sleep quality, as your body is in a working, or even fight or flight state and there is probably to much of cortisol in your system; that can diminish your recovery (you may get to sleep "enough" hours, but with to little of the deep sleep phase),
  • not eating 3 hours before the endurance training and then fasting for a whole night, might not be very good overall.