Is high HEART RATE dangerous for you?

SickBiker

Kim Zharkou

Hi Danny! What's about low HR? Is it ok if I am having 40 bpm at rest? As well as 85 60 blood pressure? Does it mean I am super fit?

• Administrators
SickBiker
On 6.05.2018 at 9:10 AM, Kim Zharkou said:

40 bpm at rest

Hi there, mine is about 43 bpm. My blood pressure usually somewhere about 118/82, so higher than yours, but still low. It is very individual, but I would check the Echocardiography, if I was you. In my case, the only disadvantage of having low pressure is dizziness whan I switch from low positions in yoga, to standing positions.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day, I followed the Youtube channel for some time now, and felt like I can say something here regarding heart rate. As you mentioned, it is very individual. I am 35 years old, my resting heart rate is 43, blood pressure 108/64, just did a race yesterday, avg heart rate 193 max 201 over 1hour and 20min. This has always been the case with me, I have a very high active heart rate from when I can remember using my first heart rate monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set my max heart rate on my Garmin as 215, thus having a reading of heart rate zone 5 for very long times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Helpful 1

• 9 months later...
Majdi Saibi

My heart rate goes up and down very quickly. My rest heart rate is 62bpm and when I run (using treadmill) I get 200bpm easily (6mph).

Walking my heart rate will be 130bpm. I'm 25 years old 95KG and 178cm.

Any thoughts please?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 3/6/2019 at 2:18 AM, Majdi Saibi said:

200bpm easily

That heart rate seems high for an easy run, but as long as you check your heart from time to time (EKG), it might be just fine.

• 1 month later...

Hi, im 35 years old and obese(current weight 267) and recently have noticed while doing my workout that my heart rate has gone from being usually in the 150s to 165 to 170s- high 180s. I have anxiety about my heart health and the first time i saw this i got scare and maybe this might have caused my heart rate to get higher. Back in 2016 I got 24hr holter, ekgs, echo test stress test done and everything came back normal because i had a huge panic attack and have been fearful about my heart ever since. My heart races while working out but once i stop y workout my hr does come down fast. Is this because im obese and out of shape or something wrong happening w/ my heart alll of a sudden.

• 9 months later...

You can also keep an eye on your heart rate variability, which is a measure of the time between successive heart beats. Whenever it varies over time, you could be well rested and handle more stress. Whenever it is monotone, almost exactly the same for each heart beat, you could be fatigued or under stress. It can help you to decide what training intensity is appropriate for a certain day. 

Intro to hrv: https://www.hrv4training.com/blog/heart-rate-variability-a-primer