Sram Eagle Rear Derailleur Adjustment. Tutorial

SickBiker

• Administrators

How to adjust the Sram Eagle rear derailleur - this tutorial works for all Eagle models: XX1, X01, GX. I will show you some steps in this process, where we can make a mistake:

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

on my GX Eagle i have the following issue: when in the lowest gear and pedaling backwards (freewheeling) the chain comes of the cassette.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

• 1 year later...

I have the similar problem when setting up my rear GX Eagle mech. It shifts nicely up and down, but turn the cranks backwards , the chain skips down a few cogs.

?

• 1 year later...

Hi

Tightening/loosening the gear cable and setting the limit screws is making no difference to my 12 speed sram nx set up.

All the gears work well apart from 4th which every complete revolution tries to change down a gear to 3rd.

Would welcome some advice

On 8/31/2020 at 7:40 AM, Bush said:

Hi

Tightening/loosening the gear cable and setting the limit screws is making no difference to my 12 speed sram nx set up.

All the gears work well apart from 4th which every complete revolution tries to change down a gear to 3rd.

Would welcome some advice

You may have a bent tooth on your 4th cog. Try turning the crank slowly and watching carefully what is happening. Does the chain lift off the sprocket at one point? You should be able to carefully bend it back straight. 

I have a nearly new bike with a SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain. It only Shifts well at one end of the cassette or the other. If I set it up right for the larger cogs it gets progressively slower at shifting down to the smaller ones. Shifting up is fine. I have checked the hanger is straight and everything is clean. This tells me that the cable is not allowing the derailleur to move freely to the higher gears. My question is, is it likely that a brand new internally routed cable is binding enough that the derailleur can’t overcome it? Should I try replacing the inner cable? Is there a tension adjustment for the derailleur spring? I know some Shimano ones have this.