Shimano XT RD-M8000 rear derailleur - FULL SERVICE.

SickBiker

• Administrators

How to overhaul the Shimano XT M8000 rear derailleur? It's a fairly easy job, which you can do, simply by following the steps from my video tutorial:

Here are the pictures, that show some important steps of the Shimano XT M8000 rear derailleur service:

1. You can disassemble the rear derailleur, without braking the chain.
  2. If the rear mech is very dirty, use some soapy water and a brush.
  3. The pulleys are NOT interchangeable and NOT symmetrical: the guide pulley is the upper one and the tension pulley is the lower one, pay attention to the arrows on the pulleys, indicating the direction of chain movement, while pedalling FORWARD.
  4. You can open the bearings, if the pulleys (jockey wheels) don't spin nicely.
  5. Removing the clutch is easy, but PAY ATTENTION to what parts you will grease - some have to stay clean, without the grease.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

2018-11-19_Moment.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi, this video is perfect, thanks for it.  I would like to ask you what happened to my xtr rd-m9000 derailleur?  I would be very grateful for the answer.  I think that the component of photo 1 broke off. I'm afraid this will probably not be repaired.  Nowhere am I able to find a detailed photo so I can fix it myself.  Thank you very much for your reply, I watch your videos regularly, you do a great job!

IMG_20191112_155351.jpg IMG_20191112_155554.jpg IMG_20191112_155652.jpg IMG_20191112_155209.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 11/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, enjoy79 said:

the component of photo 1 broke off

I just noticed your request. Have you found the answer? Wasn't the rear derailleur working properly, or it happened during the service?

I've already tried to repair. The stolen part to be squeezed with a special glider + plugged in the screw of the guide through the thin stainless steel. Meet OK, Testing :-)